Data backup and recovery is a learned discipline. Excessive time can be taken away from the main focus of the IT department in learning this discipline. Or, short cuts may be taken that cause severe issues when recovery is necessary.
IT staffs are overloaded with mission critical day-today activities. It is understandable that Data Backup may be assigned to the newest member of the team and not deeply analyzed. However, it will become the most critical task the IT staff will undertake when that data needs to be recovered.
An offsite data backup process performed by an experienced managed service provider (MSP) offers efficiencies in the backup process and effective recovery of lost, deleted or corrupted data. Time can be freed up to focus on core business instead of spending hours developing plans and then repetitive functions on a daily and weekly basis.
Salvus is an MSP that specializes in IBM’s Tivoli Storage Manger (TSM) backup environments, providing both tactical and strategic backup solutions. The benefits are:
- Permits you to focus on your core business, while they address your immediate performance issues on your TSM server and clients.
- A proactive approach to your backup and recovery:
- Fixing it (tactical repairs)
- Monitoring your backup solution (discovery).
- Tuning the backup environment (proactive)
- Planning your long-term backup solution (strategic).
- Salvus maintains your system and keeps it updated within IBM’s support matrix.
- Salvus designs and deploys your future state TSM architecture base on collected metrics and service agreements established in your environment.
Contact Salvus Data to explore the benefits that an experience data backup and recovery MSP can provide your business.